Monday, February 14, 2011

Mega Piranha

Nothing says "I love you" like a movie about genetically altered fish.  Well, that and chocolate.  Unless the chocolate is genetically altered.

Mega Piranha is a movie about a group of genetically altered piranha that escape the research lab and begin terrorising Venezuela.  The research facility has been given the task of attempting to grow fish larger so that the people in the area will have more food.  I don't know why you would add piranha into the tank, but I am not a movie producer either.
While still relatvely normal sized, the piranha eat through the hull of a fishing boat to get to their first victims.  The American that is sent to investigate and help the scientists, was about as stiff as a cardboard cut out.  He really drowns the movie.  No pun intended.

The fish continue to grow exponentially and there seems that there is nothing that could be done to correct the situation.  Let's just say, towards the end, I was cheering for the fish.  The movie was impossibly wretched.  So of course I had to watch the whole thing. 

I give it 1 out of 5 gills.

No comments:

Post a Comment