Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bloodrayne II: Deliverance

I didn't see Bloodrayne 1: Not Deliverance, so I am not sure if I should have seen these out of sequence.
 
The setting is the wild west.  The town of Deliverance, Montana is waiting for the railroad to come through and help build the town up.  The mayor believes that with a new train station and coal mine that is close by, the town will begin to prosper.  A reporter from the Chicago Chronicle is sent there to cover stories about the wild west ways, not some small town trying to get on the map.
 
After a band of men come into town and start kidnapping the town's children it is made clear that they are not to be messed with.  The lead guy, who we later find out is Billy the Kid, is shot, but remains alive.  He remains alive because he is a vampire!
 
Our hero, Rayne, is a woman dressed in all leather.  That may have been her attire in Bloodrayne 1, I don't know.  All I know is that she is pretty handy with a gun and these demon blades that are strapped to her back.  The real action doesn't begin until the ending of the movie.  And even then, it is a bit weak.  Not many quality kills other than a guy getting gunned down by a gatling gun.
 
There is a open door for a possible Bloodrayne 3 as Rayne is off to Tombstone, Arizona now.  I guess I have to see the rest of the trilogy to see if any of this makes sense.
 
I give this movie 1 out of 5 vampires

No comments:

Post a Comment