Friday, March 25, 2011

Bats: Human Harvest

I've watched digital sharks.  I've watched digital snakes.  I've even watched digital crocodiles.  With this movie, I got to see a lot of digital bats and a fair share of digital helicopters.
 
A Chechen patrol is out investigating an area close to the Belzan Forest.  They head in and are attacked by bats.  But the terribly odd thing here is that the attack is being monitored.  And in another part of the world, the Delta Team is rescuing a hostage from an Al Qaeda training camp in Iraq.  How do these two incidents relate?  They really don't.  It's only to set up that the Delta Team is one of the best and they will be used to go to Chechnya.
 
You see, this American doctor is doing research over in the Belzan Forest on bats.  Genetic research for who knows what reason.  Well, the Delta Team is being sent to extract Dr. Walsh and return him to America.  A C.I.A. agent, who happens to have a Russian accent, is to accompany the team on the mission.
 
I could go on about what this movie is about, but it's not really worth it.  There are a bunch of scenes with computer generated helicopters flying around and even more scenes of these genetically altered super bats.  The story jumps around from the Delta Team, to the Chechen rebels, to the Chechen army so much, it's hard to keep track of what is going on.
 
I was so hard to grade this movie.  I don't know if I can give a movie a negative rating.  It might encourage more people to watch it.
 
I give this movie 0 out of 5 digitally created helicopters.

No comments:

Post a Comment