Thursday, April 21, 2011

MacGruber

There have been several Saturday Night Live skits that have gone to the big screen.  Some have gone straight to DVD.  MacGruber is not a classic, but it will do for an afternoon waste of time.

I admit, I have not seen many of the MacGruber skits on SNL, but I have the basic idea of MacGruber.  He is a spoof of the TV show MacGyver.  A guy who is supposed to be able to make weapons from everyday items.  Sorry, ... I am not a MacGyver expert.  I never watched the show.

MacGruber needs to save the world from Dieter Von Cunth (Val Kilmer), who has a stolen nuclear weapon.  And MacGruber uses his unorthodox approach to get information as well as defend himself.  His signature move is to rip out the throats of his attacker.

It's one long SNL skit and it is absurdly crazy.  I did laugh at the "upper decker" that MacGruber left for Dieter.  But let's just say that I was happy that the movie is only 90 minutes long.  I don't know how much longer they could have milked the skit.

I give this movie 2 out of 5 celery stalks.

No comments:

Post a Comment