Monday, May 30, 2011

The Shaft or Down

Yet again on Medusa's Face, we have a movie with two titles.  The Shaft and Down.  I don't really care.  It's got some alumni from 5ive Girls, Mutant Chronicles, Reeker, and Maximum Velocity too.  But what does that mean?  All it means is that this movie is no double rainbow.
 
Lightning strikes the Millennium Building in New York and the elevator has come to life.  I'm laughing already.  Apparently, the electronics that control the elevators in the building have a bonus feature.  Bio-tissue microchips are helping the process.  The inventor of these chips used dolphin brains in the past, but I don't know what he is using now.
 
For most of the movie, people walk around and use the elevator.  Big deal, right.  Right.  It's an elevator people!  I guess for those people who have elevatorphobia, it's a big deal, but for the most part, it's just an elevator.  This elevator happens to decapitate someone and guide a blind man (and his dog) to their deaths, but other than that ....
 
I really can't say how hard it was to have en elevator as the villain for a premise.  It was too left field for me.  I try to give the writer the benefit of being able to come up with the concept, but it was just a little too far fetched for my tastes.  I much rather prefer a villain that is not stationary.
 
I give this movie 0 out of 5 broken flashlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment